The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
- You may select any TEN BOOKS of your choice. These books can be from a specific genre, or you may like to choose a few books from various genres.
- Make a list of the TEN BOOKS that you’ve selected. Make sure to include the title and author of each book.
So here are my ten books..
1. Harry Potter by: JK Rowling
2. The Grisha Trilogy by: Leigh Bardugo
3. Let’s Get Lost by: Adi Alsaid
4. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by: Rick Riordan
5. We Were Liars by: E. Lockhart
6. The Secret Diamond Sisters by: Michelle Madow
7. My Life Next Door by: Huntley Fitzpatrick
8. Since You’ve Been Gone by: Morgan Matson
9. If I Stay by: Gayle Forman
10. To All The Boys I’ve Before by: Jenny Han
And there is my list…
…and here is my update!
For these next days I will be reading…
Don’t Even Think About It
Author: Sarah Mlynowski
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published on: March 11th 2014
Contemporary teen fiction with romance, secrets, scandals, and ESP from the author of Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn’t Have).
We weren’t always like this. We used to be average New York City high school sophomores. Until our homeroom went for flu shots. We were prepared for some side effects. Maybe a headache. Maybe a sore arm. We definitely didn’t expect to get telepathic powers. But suddenly we could hear what everyone was thinking. Our friends. Our parents. Our crushes. Now we all know that Tess is in love with her best friend, Teddy. That Mackenzie cheated on Cooper. That, um, Nurse Carmichael used to be a stripper.
Since we’ve kept our freakish skill a secret, we can sit next to the class brainiac and ace our tests. We can dump our boyfriends right before they dump us. We know what our friends really think of our jeans, our breath, our new bangs. We always know what’s coming. Some of us will thrive. Some of us will crack. None of us will ever be the same.
So stop obsessing about your ex. We’re always listening.
And I only read 55 pages…yay? I guess its okay because so far today I read about 100 more pages. I’m only 50 pages behind! I’m not mad about that at all. If you are doing Bout of Books link your update post as a comment and I’ll definitely read it! c: