Author: Cindy Hogan
Publisher: O’neal Publishing
Published on: October 2013
A madman with a mission is kidnapping groups of thrill-seeking high school seniors across the country, and it’s up to Christy to stop him.
To do so, she must take on a fearless alter ego and infiltrate a group of adrenaline junkies bent on pushing life to the limit. Death-defying stunts are only the beginning: two groups fit the profile, and Christy must discover the real target before it’s too late.
If she chooses the wrong group, more people will disappear. But choosing right puts her as the prime target—with no guarantee that she’ll get out alive.
This book was not bad to be honest. I think it was very well planned story and I really enjoyed the book. The character development was not bad but since I know that there is going to be a second book I didn’t really mind with the fact how we didn’t know a huge amount of Christy. If you really like a fast paced book to read then go for this book!
- I really liked the plot line of this book and how the author planned out the events. Not only did she just include finding the kidnapping group but she also wrote about getting everyone in the facility out. If Cindy didn’t write about the time Christy was inside the facility I would have probably gotten really bored.
- I think the fact that Madness could have not been the group that was going to be kidnapped was a great addition because it added the questions whether Madness was the right group.
- Honestly I really liked Dakota but I feel like Jeremy and Christy would be better together.
- The inside of the compound sounds like it is a huge underground winedy maze. I would love to walk around and take a tour of it someday.
- The Circus of Feats is kind of like Dauntless initiation but way less brutal but more dangerous.
- I felt so bad for some of the Avengers after finding out that they were alive because their friends that actually made it “alive” thought they were dead.
- I was freaking out when Christy’s friend was getting whipped (I forgot her name :/) because she didn’t even deserve it.
- Some people in the compound are so fixed on the cause of assassinations it scares me how they were reacting when the people tried to get them out of the facility.
- I think the final plan was really well planned and I really liked reading how it all went down, it was really fun!
(Quick review are going to be a new type of review where I just point out certain things and say a few things about it. Not as long as a Let’s Talk! but it works.)